30 Apr 5 Quick Tips To Get You The Results You Want
You know what you want to achieve but it doesn’t seem to be working for you. You seem to be spinning your wheels, starting and stopping, and you’ve collected a flurry notes, books, and maybe even advice, but still aren’t where you want to be in your quest to achieve your goal.
Try these five steps to get the results you want:
- Defining what the results are.
Do you know what you really want to achieve. Is it clear what you are going after? Ask yourself:
- What does the end result look/feel/sound like?
- What will be different from now once I have achieved it?
- What impact will achieving it have on my life?
- When will I have achieved this by? Jot down what result you really want – have a clear picture of this.
Write down what result you really want – have a clear picture of this. Click To Tweet
- Committing to achieving the results.
How many times have you decided to change / do something different only to find months pass and you are back in your old habits. Achieving results takes effort and focus. We all get into regular habits that keep us busy. In order to get a different result, focus on that result and how you are going to move from where you are now to where you want to get to. Consider:
- What is working currently that can help me to get my result?
- Who can help me to get my result?
- What have I done so far in relation to this?
- What’s in the way of getting the result?
- On a scale of 1-10 how committed am I to achieving this (Anything less than 6 won’t be achieved)
- Spending the required time on the results.
Giving things the required time – we often focus on the urgent things rather than the important things. Ensure you are giving the required time in order to achieve the result that you want. Think about:
- What action have I taken so far?
- How much time have I spent on this and what results have I achieved?
- How much time will I commit in order to get this result?
- Learning from what is going right and what is going wrong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Moving forward will help you to achieve your result; however things may not always run smoothly. The important thing is to learn from all your actions. Reflect on:
- What worked well?
- What should I continue to do?
- What should I stop doing?
- What would I do differently if I was doing this again?
- Recognising the progress made.
We tend to focus more on the negative than the positive things that have happened – What we haven’t finalised, what went wrong. We’re impatient to get the result and get frustrated when things don’t happen straight away. As Bill Gates said – “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” Remember the overall result you want to achieve and acknowledge the progress made. Congratulate yourself – this will help your motivation along the way. Take into account:
- What are all the things I’m happy to have done so far?
- How have I moved forward towards the result?
- Where has progress been easy?
- Where have I managed the tough times and still made progress?
The key is to take it one step, one task at a time. You can do it. Now get out there, and make it happen.